Cookies disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

Grant to Avon Riding Centre For The Disabled (360G-QuartetCF-A468267)

As requested by the donor, towards horse riding provision for people with disabilities.

£175

04 Jan 2018

Grant details
Amount Applied For 175
Amount Awarded 175
Award Date 2018-01-04T00:00:00+00:00
Beneficiary Location: Country Code GB
Beneficiary Location: Geographic Code E06000023
Beneficiary Location: Geographic Code Type UA
Beneficiary Location: Name Bristol, City of
Grant Programme: Code DD-2017/2018
Grant Programme: Title Donor Directed
Impact Category Advance people's physical and mental health, wellbeing and safety
Last Modified 2018-02-08T00:00:00+00:00
Primary age group Young People (13 – 18)
Primary beneficiary People with physical disabilities
Primary ethnicity All Ethnicities
Primary issue Sport and Recreation
Recipient Org: Charity Number 281648
Recipient Org: Description We provide therapeutic riding lessons and the chance to spend time with horses to 300 people with disabilities in Bristol. 30% of our riders have physical impairments, including cerebral palsy and spinal injury; the remaining 70% have learning difficulties and autistic spectrum conditions. Riding provides unique physiotherapy by strengthening core muscles and helping balance. It also helps with sensory integration, aids confidence and provides the opportunity to learn a skill in a supportive environment.
Recipient Org: Web Address http://www.avonridingcentre.org.uk
Additional data added by GrantNav
Alternate Recipient Name The Avon Riding Centre for the Disabled Limited